From AWS SFID page
Bringing builders together to learn about AWS
AWS Solutions-Focused Immersion Days are a series of events that are designed to educate you about AWS products and services and help you develop the skills needed to build, deploy, and operate your infrastructure and applications in the cloud. Hands on labs provide you with an immersive experience in the AWS console. Sessions are delivered by AWS Solutions Architects and subject matter experts.
Training and interaction with AWS experts typically last between 2.5 to 8 hours, with most events lasting around 5 hours.
- Hands on training from AWS experts on a particular AWS service.
Earn Builders Quest badges and share them with your friends and network on social media.
Get access to a temporary sandbox account to practice in case you are unable to keep up with the trainer's pace during the event, or if you want to complete optional labs or anything else.
Now the main content, what Workshop Would help you become an AWS professional example Data Engineer. Developing a strong data engineering skillset requires attending relevant workshops. consider attending workshops focused on data warehousing, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, and big data processing. Feel free to filter events based on your desired profession. For Databases and Analytics, we will filter topics on Storage, Databases and Analytics, Warehousing and Severless. Then choose event we find most relevant example. I will pick the following.
- S3 - Getting Started with Amazon Storage - Simple Storage Service and Elastic File System
- Data Lakes and Big Data Processing(Glue, EMR, Athena)- Building a Data Lake on AWS learn about how to build a Data Lake using AWS big data and analytics services. Get hands-on experience in batch data ingestion, cataloging, data quality and ETL on the Data Lake
- Data Ware Housing - Modernize your Data Warehouse using Amazon Redshift
- Data Governance - At the time of writing, I am not aware of any upcoming workshops specifically focused on data governance. It may be included in a Data Lake workshop, but if you encounter a similar situation in the future, there are a few resources you can check for updates. These include the AWS Databases and Analytics LinkedIn page, aws-experience, and start-up-loft. Alternatively, you can complete a previous workshop on your own by checking out the workshops available on this AWS website.
- CI CD -
- Relation Databases - RDS RDS SQL Server Deep Dive Immersion Day
- Orchestration - Introduction to Amazon Managed Workflows for Apache Airflow (Amazon MWAA) is a managed service for airflow. Which is a scheduling frame work. To help orchestrate your data workloads.
- Business Intelligence - Quicksight Immersion Day
Most of the events have a flexible schedule as they are often repeated, so it should be okay to occasionally miss them.
The events used as examples in this writing may have already passed by the time of reading, but you can use the same method to find similar events on the sfid page.
Most are virtual Events
- AWS She Builds Mentorship Program Application 2023 (women specific)
- AWS CloudUp for Her - Solution Architect - Associate (women specific)
- AWS Community Builders -July-2023 - (2 weeks) -July-2023
- Check out AWS emerging Talent program if you are a student
- Explore AWS Experience, join the closet region to you and attend their virtual workshops
- AWS Data Exchange Activation days (Specific to Databases and Analytics professionals) for others professionals check general AWS Activation days page
- Workshops on AWS events page
- Follow AWS Databases and Analytics page on LinkedIn for announcement on upcoming workshops
- Attend AWS summits fill the attendance survey
- Attend AWS Innovate events